Brothers: In preparation for the upcoming CMLA Summit we asking that we all engage in the age old practice of prayer & fasting in the Bible.
So many key moments throughout the Bible were enjoined by prayer and fasting of the faithful. We are using both these tools to beseech God’s will for the Summit!
The CMLA Corporate Fast: This is a 24-hour FAST from Thursday evening, June 18 to Friday evening 6:00 PM –— Our GOAL in fasting (self-denial) is simply a tool to help us make- a welcoming place. for God so that He can go deeper into our hearts – and to cry out to Him to meet us with a Spirit of love and power at the upcoming CMLA Summit…and beyond
- Different fasts: “water fast”: that is ONLY drink water –…Note: be aware of any medical conditions, for example with low blood sugar a “Juice fast”: is more appropriate. And LOTS OF WATER!! (it fools your stomach) And No Caffeine!
- Giving your meals is a spiritual offering to God for a good Summit – prepare yourself.
- What to expect physically –Often, when you get past the hunger pangs, you will experience a tremendous clarity of thinking and your body is cleaned out and energized
- Use the time you would be eating to pray for the Summit and those other “prayer targets” God reveals to you… follow the Holy Spirit on these.
- Prepare yourself spiritually – the enemy will oppose you on this fast… Oppose him. Ask God to be with you on this fast. Don’t trust feelings! Pray t hrough
- Concentration: Sometimes good to read out loud and prayer out loud during a fast to help with concentration…or to be quiet with your mind fixed (meditating) on one thing
- Break fast gradually. Some people have lost the entire benefit of a fast by trying to “make up” for what they “gave up” and in so doing neutralize the effectiveness of a fast.
CMLA Team Prayer: We are also asking that you join us in committing to 10 minutes of prayer each day beginning today, Wednesday, June 17 and continuing to Saturday, June 27th – Summit day! We also ask you pray the St. Joseph novena daily — (https://www.praymorenovenas.com/st-joseph-novena)
Prayer: A state of being in communion with God – listening (the hardest discipline) and speaking – sharing our needs and requests with God and our desire for Him in our lives and the lives of others. And in this case for the Summit
- “Rejoice Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus. I Thessalonians 5:16-18
- Paul encourages us to be in continual prayer – that is – in contact with God our Father through the Lord Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit! And the bookends are REJOICING (v16) and THANKSGIVING (v18)
- SUMMIT Prayer targets: Pray…that God will get every man there that should be there…that each speaker will inspire men to commitment and action….that the breakout session will be effective…that all God’s purposes will be accomplished…
Ask God to reveal more Summit prayer targets for you…
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” —St. Augustine